Telepsychiatry within a correctional setting provides timely psychiatric care and evaluation while reducing transportation and supervision costs.
CFG Health Systems works with our sister company InSight Telepsychiatry to design and implement customized telepsychiatry programs to support the specific needs of our correctional partners.
InSight is the leading national telepsychiatry service provider organization with a mission to increase access to quality behavioral health care through telehealth. InSight has 16+ years of telepsychiatry experience and is an industry thought-leader.
What Services Does InSight Provide?
InSight’s behavioral health providers can bring care into any setting, including corrections, on an on-demand or scheduled basis.
With on-demand telepsychiatry services in a correctional setting, facilities have rapid, 24-hour access to psychiatric treatment. Telepsychiatry allows facilities to be prepared for psychiatric crisis and address issues onsite in a secure and familiar environment.
With scheduled telepsychiatry services in a correctional setting, appropriate medication management and routine care reduce the potential of escalation and psychiatric emergencies. Telepsychiatry represents access to corrections-specific psychiatric providers who are sensitive to the nuances of treating offenders while maintaining adherence to a strict formulary.
Our services include:
- Access to psychiatric providers at any time
- Electronic consultation form
- Ongoing IT support
- Suicide risk assessment
- Diversion programs
- Initial psych evaluations
- Medication management
- Substance abuse services
- Treatment team meetings
- Supervision/medical leadership
- Pre-parole evaluations
- Phone consultations
How Can Telepsychiatry Benefit My Organization?
- Telepsychiatry reduces transportation and supervision costs by providing timely psychiatric care and evaluation.
- Telepsychiatry represents access to corrections-specific psychiatrists who are sensitive to the nuances of treating offenders while maintaining adherence to a strict formulary.
- Proper pharmacology can ultimately reduce the number of inmates on medication while cutting the amount spent on pharmaceuticals for those who truly need it.
- With emergency telepsychiatry, correctional facilities can have 24-hour coverage and access to psychiatric treatment within an hour.